Hot Sheet: GameBoys
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2014 7:07 PM ET
3. THEATER: New York International Fringe Festival
North America’s largest multi-arts festival will feature 1,200 performances by over 200 companies from around the world in more than 20 venues in New York City, beginning today and continuing through August 24. There’s plenty of LGBT interest, including new takes on classics by gay writers — The Picture (of Dorian Gray), a “remix” of Oscar Wilde’s work, and Interior: Panic, a prequel to Tennessee Williams’s A Streetcar Named Desire that further explores the tortured soul of Blanche Du Bois. Then there’s I Am Not I, about a young Latina dealing with gender identity issues as she approaches her quinceañera; Moses, the Author, in which the lawgiver has a gay son; Mother’s Day, featuring a sharp-tongued drag queen with a very dysfunctional family; and much more. Find the full schedule and order tickets here, and check out photos of LGBT highlights here. — Trudy Ring
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People