BY Brandon Voss
December 13 2010 12:05 PM ET
Back to your gay fans, Marc Jacobs’s ex-boyfriend Jason Preston got a big tattoo of your name on his stomach a few years ago. Isn’t that a bit much?
I’ve seen it. How can I say it’s a bit much? No, it’s amazing. I mean, it is very surprising when you see something like that, but he’s a fun guy, so I thought it was adorable.
Is Nick comfortable around your gay friends?
He’s fine. Honestly, he does his own thing and doesn’t really care what anybody else is doing. He’s just living his life and being happy.
How might you and Nick handle it if your child turned out to be gay?
I guess we’d handle it as best we could in terms of being supportive.
You strike me as one of those people who might secretly hope for a gay son.
[Laughs] I just hope for whoever’s going to be happy and that I can be a great mother to.
What if you have a little lesbian who won’t wear your tight hand-me-down dresses and butterfly jewelry?
No comment. [Laughs] No, the thing is that you can’t try to make somebody something they’re not. Everybody’s like, “Oh, if she has a girl, everything’s going to be pink, blah, blah, blah.” But I don’t think you should go totally overboard on that. You should wait and see what the child wants.
What do you think about today’s female artists like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Ke$ha, and Christina Aguilera, who flirt with bisexuality in their lyrics, videos, and in the press? Many view it as a disingenuous marketing strategy.
Maybe it’s more a reflection of society becoming more accepting. Some of those different artists might really be expressing themselves, but yes, some might just be looking for a little more attention. You never know.
Bisexual rumors have surrounded you for years.
If it makes somebody happy to say that, then whatever, but that’s not the reality. I don’t have a discriminatory policy of who I’m friends with, so yes, I’m friends with women who are gay — gay, straight, it doesn’t matter to me. So I don’t get upset when I hear that, because it is what it is. I guess I could lie about it to seem more exciting.
Is it true that Lindsay Lohan has tried to seduce you?
No, but I have hung out with her at a club. She was with Sean Lennon, and they came over. I remember he was playing my Hello Kitty guitar, and we were all just singing, laughing, and making up songs. It really couldn’t have been more innocent.
Some reviews have referred to Burlesque as the new Glitter. Have you seen it?
I haven’t seen it, and I don’t feel like sitting in a movie theater right now. I can barely lie in bed and be comfortable. First I’m going to go see Elf, the Broadway musical, because I’m very focused on my Christmas music moment. But maybe I’ll see it when it comes out on DVD.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 7 min 53 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 30 min 45 sec ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 38 min 13 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 46 min 18 sec ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 48 min 53 sec ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 57 min 1 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Ellen Will Tell You if She and Portia Are Getting Divorced! 2 hours 16 min ago