New Single, Video From Sir Ari Gold
BY Trudy Ring
February 04 2012 4:45 PM ET
Gay singer Sir Ari Gold has released “My Favorite Religion,” the third single and video from his album Between the Spirit & the Flesh.
The video, a collaboration between Gold, director Alessandro Calza, and videographer David Graham, portrays the musician searching for his religious identity and reconciling it with his sexuality.
Later this month Gold will present his first staged reading of The Reel Ari Gold, which he describes as an “autobiographical homotheatrical multimedia musical,” exploring the connections between religion, family, identity, sexuality, and show business. The reading will take place February 27 at 7:30 p.m. at Dixon Place in New York City.
Gold was in the news last year not only for his music but for being kicked off a bus for holding with his boyfriend. Read The Advocate’s coverage here, find out more about Gold at his website, and watch the video for “My Favorite Religion” below.
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 2 hours 17 min ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 2 hours 50 min ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 2 hours 59 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 6:03 PM