New Single, Video From Sir Ari Gold
BY Trudy Ring
February 04 2012 5:45 PM ET
Gay singer Sir Ari Gold has released “My Favorite Religion,” the third single and video from his album Between the Spirit & the Flesh.
The video, a collaboration between Gold, director Alessandro Calza, and videographer David Graham, portrays the musician searching for his religious identity and reconciling it with his sexuality.
Later this month Gold will present his first staged reading of The Reel Ari Gold, which he describes as an “autobiographical homotheatrical multimedia musical,” exploring the connections between religion, family, identity, sexuality, and show business. The reading will take place February 27 at 7:30 p.m. at Dixon Place in New York City.
Gold was in the news last year not only for his music but for being kicked off a bus for holding with his boyfriend. Read The Advocate’s coverage here, find out more about Gold at his website, and watch the video for “My Favorite Religion” below.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban