A Timeline of Hip Hop Homophobia
BY Alex Heigl of Nerve.com
July 18 2012 7:00 AM ET
So, Frank Ocean came out this month and said that the first person he fell in love with was a man. And the Internet had some thoughts about it. Most centered around the persistent theme of homophobia in hip-hop — and that got us thinking that we should take a look back at the history of the genre and examine its track record.
Check out a timeline on the following pages.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- WATCH: Philly Cops Search For Violent Group In Possible Hate Crime Against Gay Couple
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets