A Timeline of Hip Hop Homophobia
BY Alex Heigl of Nerve.com
July 18 2012 7:00 AM ET
So, Frank Ocean came out this month and said that the first person he fell in love with was a man. And the Internet had some thoughts about it. Most centered around the persistent theme of homophobia in hip-hop — and that got us thinking that we should take a look back at the history of the genre and examine its track record.
Check out a timeline on the following pages.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Op-ed: The Slow Death of Gay Gathering Places May Be Aiding HIV