A Timeline of Hip Hop Homophobia
BY Alex Heigl of Nerve.com
July 18 2012 6:00 AM ET
So, Frank Ocean came out this month and said that the first person he fell in love with was a man. And the Internet had some thoughts about it. Most centered around the persistent theme of homophobia in hip-hop — and that got us thinking that we should take a look back at the history of the genre and examine its track record.
Check out a timeline on the following pages.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 39 min 12 sec ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 39 min 36 sec ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM