A Timeline of Hip Hop Homophobia
BY Alex Heigl of Nerve.com
July 18 2012 7:00 AM ET
So, Frank Ocean came out this month and said that the first person he fell in love with was a man. And the Internet had some thoughts about it. Most centered around the persistent theme of homophobia in hip-hop — and that got us thinking that we should take a look back at the history of the genre and examine its track record.
Check out a timeline on the following pages.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People