A Timeline of Hip Hop Homophobia
BY Alex Heigl of Nerve.com
July 18 2012 7:00 AM ET
So, Frank Ocean came out this month and said that the first person he fell in love with was a man. And the Internet had some thoughts about it. Most centered around the persistent theme of homophobia in hip-hop — and that got us thinking that we should take a look back at the history of the genre and examine its track record.
Check out a timeline on the following pages.
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: He's Positive, I'm Not — How Do We Deal? 7 min 33 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: What Is a Serodiscordant Couple? 8 min 32 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 TV Stars Who Are HIV Activists 10 min 22 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Emmy Winner Leslie Jordan: 'I’m Too Young & Fancy to Pay for This Sex!' 36 min 1 sec ago
- Media Murdoch Urges Boycott of Pro-Equality Guinness 37 min 12 sec ago
- Television Exclusive Clip: The Idols Sing on RuPaul's Drag Race Tonight 1 hour 38 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 6:00 AM