Barbra Streisand Releasing Music From Her Private Vault
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 9:22 PM ET
Next month Barbra Streisand will share 11 previously unreleased songs recorded during her five decades as the world's premiere female vocalist.
The legendary entertainer's next album, humorously titled Release Me, will be available on vinyl September 25 and CD October 9. The songs span a cross-section of Streisand's career from 1963 to the present and have been stored in her vault until now.
A press release notes "many of the sessions for these albums yielded extra recordings, which weren’t included on the albums they were intended for." Among the songs included in the collection are her version of "Home," the stirring anthem from The Wiz; an unreleased studio version of “With One More Look At You” from the soundtrack of her 1976 hit A Star Is Born; and "Didn't We," recorded for Streisand's famously never-completed album The Singer.
“The thing I’m happiest about is that I still have great affection for all these songs," Streisand says in a statement released to the media today. "They appealed to me at the time…and still do. Listening now, I actually think to myself, ‘The girl wasn’t half bad.’”
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 2 hours 43 min ago
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM