Barbra Streisand Releasing Music From Her Private Vault
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 8:22 PM ET
Next month Barbra Streisand will share 11 previously unreleased songs recorded during her five decades as the world's premiere female vocalist.
The legendary entertainer's next album, humorously titled Release Me, will be available on vinyl September 25 and CD October 9. The songs span a cross-section of Streisand's career from 1963 to the present and have been stored in her vault until now.
A press release notes "many of the sessions for these albums yielded extra recordings, which weren’t included on the albums they were intended for." Among the songs included in the collection are her version of "Home," the stirring anthem from The Wiz; an unreleased studio version of “With One More Look At You” from the soundtrack of her 1976 hit A Star Is Born; and "Didn't We," recorded for Streisand's famously never-completed album The Singer.
“The thing I’m happiest about is that I still have great affection for all these songs," Streisand says in a statement released to the media today. "They appealed to me at the time…and still do. Listening now, I actually think to myself, ‘The girl wasn’t half bad.’”
- VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers
- Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees
- Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet?
- LGBT Activist Goes Missing in Buffalo, Community Rallies
- Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Travel PHOTOS: Amazing Gay Rodeo Exhibit in Indianapolis December 21 2013 6:34 PM
- Media Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees December 21 2013 5:37 PM
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? December 21 2013 3:03 PM
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers December 21 2013 2:25 PM
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts December 21 2013 1:10 PM
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies December 21 2013 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill December 21 2013 6:00 AM