PHOTOS: Summer Is the Season for LGBT Celebrations
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 07 2013 7:00 AM ET
The official U.S. LGBT Pride month may have ended more than a month ago, but as many of us know, every day is a day to celebrate the beauty and diversity of our community.
Pride celebrations are still in full swing around the globe and we’ve collected photos from several memorable events to help keep your prideful spirits high. From celebrations in Hanoi and Amsterdam to the World Outgames in Antwerp, LGBT people around the world continue to prove we are everywhere and there’s never been a better time to show your Pride.
Girls exhibit signs of wing envy over a reveler's costume at the Gay Pride parade in Stockholm, Sweden on Aug. 3.
Extravagant make-up and head wear at Stockholm's Gay Pride.
Ahoy, sailors! The annual canal parade in Amsterdam on Aug. 3 brought 80 boats this year. Tens of thousands of pink-clad partygoers feted Pride along Amsterdam's canals on Saturday, with professional footballers and ministers joining in the massive techno-beat chorus of support for equality.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- 69-Year-Old Brit Would Go Back to Hellish Moroccan Prison to Save Boyfriend