PHOTOS: Summer Is the Season for LGBT Celebrations
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 07 2013 7:00 AM ET
The official U.S. LGBT Pride month may have ended more than a month ago, but as many of us know, every day is a day to celebrate the beauty and diversity of our community.
Pride celebrations are still in full swing around the globe and we’ve collected photos from several memorable events to help keep your prideful spirits high. From celebrations in Hanoi and Amsterdam to the World Outgames in Antwerp, LGBT people around the world continue to prove we are everywhere and there’s never been a better time to show your Pride.
Girls exhibit signs of wing envy over a reveler's costume at the Gay Pride parade in Stockholm, Sweden on Aug. 3.
Extravagant make-up and head wear at Stockholm's Gay Pride.
Ahoy, sailors! The annual canal parade in Amsterdam on Aug. 3 brought 80 boats this year. Tens of thousands of pink-clad partygoers feted Pride along Amsterdam's canals on Saturday, with professional footballers and ministers joining in the massive techno-beat chorus of support for equality.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 2 hours 35 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM