PHOTOS: Summer Is the Season for LGBT Celebrations
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 07 2013 7:00 AM ET
The official U.S. LGBT Pride month may have ended more than a month ago, but as many of us know, every day is a day to celebrate the beauty and diversity of our community.
Pride celebrations are still in full swing around the globe and we’ve collected photos from several memorable events to help keep your prideful spirits high. From celebrations in Hanoi and Amsterdam to the World Outgames in Antwerp, LGBT people around the world continue to prove we are everywhere and there’s never been a better time to show your Pride.
Girls exhibit signs of wing envy over a reveler's costume at the Gay Pride parade in Stockholm, Sweden on Aug. 3.
Extravagant make-up and head wear at Stockholm's Gay Pride.
Ahoy, sailors! The annual canal parade in Amsterdam on Aug. 3 brought 80 boats this year. Tens of thousands of pink-clad partygoers feted Pride along Amsterdam's canals on Saturday, with professional footballers and ministers joining in the massive techno-beat chorus of support for equality.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans