BY Dave White
December 07 2009 6:05 PM ET
12/8 - The Year Without a Santa Claus (pictured): Just for my annual visit with Heat Miser and Cold Miser. Those guys are the best.
12/9 - A Christmas Story:
On TNT. I never get tired of watching this movie. I’m not a cultist
about it. I didn’t buy a leg lamp or anything. Neither should you. And
I’m not especially happy about Couples Retreat, but once upon
a time that kid didn’t know he was going to grow up to make a crappy
rom-com about how much fun bad marriages are.
12/10 - It Happened on Fifth Avenue: It’s this 1947
movie about hobos who move into a rich guy’s mansion while he’s off on
his Christmas vacation, and it’s the most fascinatingly Communist
holiday film you’ll ever see. They even blacklisted the writer later.
12/11 - Performance on TCM: Another breather if you’re not
up for A Flintstone Christmas over on ABC Family.
Both are somewhat psychedelic, but only one of them has Mick Jagger in
12/12 - Today I will watch videos on YouTube of Eastern
European people being attacked by the Krampus. It’s a hilarious
tradition we’ll never have in America because it’s too violent, scary,
and excellent. Wikipedia it if you don’t know what a Krampus is. I’m
not your history professor.
12/13 - ESPN Classic 1952 Heavyweight
Title Bout: Rocky Marciano vs. Jersey Joe: For many of us, the holidays
have always been about fighting, which is why (I mean, I assume this is
why) ESPN Classic is choosing to show a 57-year-old boxing match today.
After that you can keep it going because a 1992 Christmas episode of Roseanne — featuring Sandra Bernhard — is also on.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor