BY Dave White
December 07 2009 5:05 PM ET
12/8 - The Year Without a Santa Claus (pictured): Just for my annual visit with Heat Miser and Cold Miser. Those guys are the best.
12/9 - A Christmas Story:
On TNT. I never get tired of watching this movie. I’m not a cultist
about it. I didn’t buy a leg lamp or anything. Neither should you. And
I’m not especially happy about Couples Retreat, but once upon
a time that kid didn’t know he was going to grow up to make a crappy
rom-com about how much fun bad marriages are.
12/10 - It Happened on Fifth Avenue: It’s this 1947
movie about hobos who move into a rich guy’s mansion while he’s off on
his Christmas vacation, and it’s the most fascinatingly Communist
holiday film you’ll ever see. They even blacklisted the writer later.
12/11 - Performance on TCM: Another breather if you’re not
up for A Flintstone Christmas over on ABC Family.
Both are somewhat psychedelic, but only one of them has Mick Jagger in
12/12 - Today I will watch videos on YouTube of Eastern
European people being attacked by the Krampus. It’s a hilarious
tradition we’ll never have in America because it’s too violent, scary,
and excellent. Wikipedia it if you don’t know what a Krampus is. I’m
not your history professor.
12/13 - ESPN Classic 1952 Heavyweight
Title Bout: Rocky Marciano vs. Jersey Joe: For many of us, the holidays
have always been about fighting, which is why (I mean, I assume this is
why) ESPN Classic is choosing to show a 57-year-old boxing match today.
After that you can keep it going because a 1992 Christmas episode of Roseanne — featuring Sandra Bernhard — is also on.
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen December 06 2013 4:07 PM