Tabatha Coffey: Tabatha Lets Her Hair Down
BY Brandon Voss
January 07 2010 5:15 PM ET
Your hairstyle has pretty much stayed the same for the past two seasons of your show. Do you ever consider doing something wild, like going black or adding extensions?
No. Look, I have awful hair. It’s baby-fine, so it works for me when it’s short. I’d look like Miss Piggy if I had extensions, and I’d be playing with my hair and flipping it all over the place, which is so not me.
Did you wear a wig on Halloween?
I so don’t dress for Halloween. But many drag queens did dress as me, so I was very flattered when I got the photographs. I take that as a compliment.
You have a reputation for being rather cold, but you seem much warmer in real life. Do you have any surprisingly sweet hobbies like adopting stray kittens?
No, because I don’t like cats. [Laughs] Of course I have a softer, cuddly side, and I sometimes get teary watching Hallmark commercials like everyone else. People perceive me to be cold because they see me in business mode, so they’re only seeing one side of my personality. I do a lot of charity work and I cut wigs for kids who are going through cancer treatments, which is something I care a lot about. I’ve been trying to start a foundation for that, actually, because when people don’t have great health insurance or don’t have the money, their children suffer and have to go without wigs — or else the wigs they’re given are just absolutely atrocious and embarrassing. That’s my way of giving back.
Viewers got to see you interact briefly with children this season. Would you like kids of your own some day?
Yeah, people thought it looked quite fabulous to see Tabatha walking around with a baby, so there are obviously people out there who want me barefoot and pregnant. Some men have even offered to donate sperm, which is lovely; however, it’s not my thing.
When will we find out if there will be a season 3?
Oh, not soon enough. I honestly don’t know. I’m waiting for the phone call as well.
Any New Year’s resolutions?
Yes, I have a lot, but I’m not telling you in case I don’t live up to them!
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 1 hour 52 min ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 2 hours 52 min ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM