Tabatha Coffey: Tabatha Lets Her Hair Down
BY Brandon Voss
January 07 2010 6:15 PM ET
Your hairstyle has pretty much stayed the same for the past two seasons of your show. Do you ever consider doing something wild, like going black or adding extensions?
No. Look, I have awful hair. It’s baby-fine, so it works for me when it’s short. I’d look like Miss Piggy if I had extensions, and I’d be playing with my hair and flipping it all over the place, which is so not me.
Did you wear a wig on Halloween?
I so don’t dress for Halloween. But many drag queens did dress as me, so I was very flattered when I got the photographs. I take that as a compliment.
You have a reputation for being rather cold, but you seem much warmer in real life. Do you have any surprisingly sweet hobbies like adopting stray kittens?
No, because I don’t like cats. [Laughs] Of course I have a softer, cuddly side, and I sometimes get teary watching Hallmark commercials like everyone else. People perceive me to be cold because they see me in business mode, so they’re only seeing one side of my personality. I do a lot of charity work and I cut wigs for kids who are going through cancer treatments, which is something I care a lot about. I’ve been trying to start a foundation for that, actually, because when people don’t have great health insurance or don’t have the money, their children suffer and have to go without wigs — or else the wigs they’re given are just absolutely atrocious and embarrassing. That’s my way of giving back.
Viewers got to see you interact briefly with children this season. Would you like kids of your own some day?
Yeah, people thought it looked quite fabulous to see Tabatha walking around with a baby, so there are obviously people out there who want me barefoot and pregnant. Some men have even offered to donate sperm, which is lovely; however, it’s not my thing.
When will we find out if there will be a season 3?
Oh, not soon enough. I honestly don’t know. I’m waiting for the phone call as well.
Any New Year’s resolutions?
Yes, I have a lot, but I’m not telling you in case I don’t live up to them!
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 26 min 28 sec ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 1 hour 7 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 1 hour 13 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2 hours 30 min ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2:18 PM
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court UPDATED: 2:12 PM
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1:48 PM