Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 6:30 PM ET
The CW - Good
570 Total Hours Prime-time Programming
198.5 Hours LGBT-Inclusive Programming – 35%
Since launching in 2006, The CW has consistently improved on providing LGBT-inclusive characters, and this year hit an all-time high with the “highest percentage of LGBT-inclusive hours ever tracked by GLAAD for this report.” Shows including America’s Next Top Model (J. Alexander, pictured), Gossip Girl, 90210, and One Tree Hill provide strong representation, and next year 90210 promises to add a gay main character.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View