Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 7:30 PM ET
The CW - Good
570 Total Hours Prime-time Programming
198.5 Hours LGBT-Inclusive Programming – 35%
Since launching in 2006, The CW has consistently improved on providing LGBT-inclusive characters, and this year hit an all-time high with the “highest percentage of LGBT-inclusive hours ever tracked by GLAAD for this report.” Shows including America’s Next Top Model (J. Alexander, pictured), Gossip Girl, 90210, and One Tree Hill provide strong representation, and next year 90210 promises to add a gay main character.
- Why Are We Gay?
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- The Log Cabin Republicans' Uncertain Future