Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 7:30 PM ET
The CW - Good
570 Total Hours Prime-time Programming
198.5 Hours LGBT-Inclusive Programming – 35%
Since launching in 2006, The CW has consistently improved on providing LGBT-inclusive characters, and this year hit an all-time high with the “highest percentage of LGBT-inclusive hours ever tracked by GLAAD for this report.” Shows including America’s Next Top Model (J. Alexander, pictured), Gossip Girl, 90210, and One Tree Hill provide strong representation, and next year 90210 promises to add a gay main character.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!