Grading the TV Networks
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2010 7:30 PM ET
The CW - Good
570 Total Hours Prime-time Programming
198.5 Hours LGBT-Inclusive Programming – 35%
Since launching in 2006, The CW has consistently improved on providing LGBT-inclusive characters, and this year hit an all-time high with the “highest percentage of LGBT-inclusive hours ever tracked by GLAAD for this report.” Shows including America’s Next Top Model (J. Alexander, pictured), Gossip Girl, 90210, and One Tree Hill provide strong representation, and next year 90210 promises to add a gay main character.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend