WATCH: Exclusive Video of Nate Berkus Discussing Coming Out on Joy Behar
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 18 2012 7:38 PM ET
On tonight's episode of Joy Behar: Say Anything on Current TV, interior designer Nate Berkus shares his coming-out story. Appearing to talk about his new book, The Things That Matter, Berkus tells Behar that he knew he was gay from a young age, but his mother wasn't quite as aware.
"My mother didn't know," Berkus recalls. "She made me play baseball. I had no desire to do that. I said, 'Mom, I don't like direct sunlight, I don't like bugs, I don't like grass, and I'd rather be in the house playing with your fabric samples.'"
"Once I came out, I never went back," Berkus told Behar, recalling that he came out in college. "Most people come out when they are leaving for something, like Thanksgiving: Thanks for the turkey, I'm gay, see you later!"
Watch the clip right here before it airs on Current TV tonight at 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific.
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 17 min 43 sec ago
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM