WATCH: Exclusive Video of Nate Berkus Discussing Coming Out on Joy Behar
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 18 2012 6:38 PM ET
On tonight's episode of Joy Behar: Say Anything on Current TV, interior designer Nate Berkus shares his coming-out story. Appearing to talk about his new book, The Things That Matter, Berkus tells Behar that he knew he was gay from a young age, but his mother wasn't quite as aware.
"My mother didn't know," Berkus recalls. "She made me play baseball. I had no desire to do that. I said, 'Mom, I don't like direct sunlight, I don't like bugs, I don't like grass, and I'd rather be in the house playing with your fabric samples.'"
"Once I came out, I never went back," Berkus told Behar, recalling that he came out in college. "Most people come out when they are leaving for something, like Thanksgiving: Thanks for the turkey, I'm gay, see you later!"
Watch the clip right here before it airs on Current TV tonight at 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model