WATCH: Exclusive Video of Nate Berkus Discussing Coming Out on Joy Behar
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 18 2012 7:38 PM ET
On tonight's episode of Joy Behar: Say Anything on Current TV, interior designer Nate Berkus shares his coming-out story. Appearing to talk about his new book, The Things That Matter, Berkus tells Behar that he knew he was gay from a young age, but his mother wasn't quite as aware.
"My mother didn't know," Berkus recalls. "She made me play baseball. I had no desire to do that. I said, 'Mom, I don't like direct sunlight, I don't like bugs, I don't like grass, and I'd rather be in the house playing with your fabric samples.'"
"Once I came out, I never went back," Berkus told Behar, recalling that he came out in college. "Most people come out when they are leaving for something, like Thanksgiving: Thanks for the turkey, I'm gay, see you later!"
Watch the clip right here before it airs on Current TV tonight at 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 8 min 15 sec ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 1 hour 15 min ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM