WATCH: Robert Pattinson Says Edward Should Go Gay
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2012 3:35 PM ET
Twilight star Robert Pattinson told Ellen DeGeneres that if he had his way, vampire Edward Cullen would be gay in future installments of the wildly popular film series based off Stephenie Meyer's books.
Appearing on The Ellen Show with co-star Taylor Lautner to discuss the upcoming sixth and final installation in the Twilight franchise Friday, Pattinson said that to continue the series, he'd like to see "an alien invasion" or some other dramatic twist — like lead heartthrob Edward batting for the other team.
"I was also thinking another way to do it would be to make it look like Will & Grace, where Edward turns gay," Pattinson joked with out host DeGeneres. "But [Edward and Bella] still stay together. They raise the kid and everything."
As the audience laughed, DeGeneres took out a pen and paper to take notes on Pattinson's pitches for new storylines, saying, "Get my agent on the phone!"
Watch the exchange below.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM