WATCH: Robert Pattinson Says Edward Should Go Gay
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2012 4:35 PM ET
Twilight star Robert Pattinson told Ellen DeGeneres that if he had his way, vampire Edward Cullen would be gay in future installments of the wildly popular film series based off Stephenie Meyer's books.
Appearing on The Ellen Show with co-star Taylor Lautner to discuss the upcoming sixth and final installation in the Twilight franchise Friday, Pattinson said that to continue the series, he'd like to see "an alien invasion" or some other dramatic twist — like lead heartthrob Edward batting for the other team.
"I was also thinking another way to do it would be to make it look like Will & Grace, where Edward turns gay," Pattinson joked with out host DeGeneres. "But [Edward and Bella] still stay together. They raise the kid and everything."
As the audience laughed, DeGeneres took out a pen and paper to take notes on Pattinson's pitches for new storylines, saying, "Get my agent on the phone!"
Watch the exchange below.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge