WATCH: Robert Pattinson Says Edward Should Go Gay
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2012 4:35 PM ET
Twilight star Robert Pattinson told Ellen DeGeneres that if he had his way, vampire Edward Cullen would be gay in future installments of the wildly popular film series based off Stephenie Meyer's books.
Appearing on The Ellen Show with co-star Taylor Lautner to discuss the upcoming sixth and final installation in the Twilight franchise Friday, Pattinson said that to continue the series, he'd like to see "an alien invasion" or some other dramatic twist — like lead heartthrob Edward batting for the other team.
"I was also thinking another way to do it would be to make it look like Will & Grace, where Edward turns gay," Pattinson joked with out host DeGeneres. "But [Edward and Bella] still stay together. They raise the kid and everything."
As the audience laughed, DeGeneres took out a pen and paper to take notes on Pattinson's pitches for new storylines, saying, "Get my agent on the phone!"
Watch the exchange below.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Judge Rules Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Keep Living in Sewers
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 16 min 10 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 16 min 33 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 20 min 20 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 32 min 6 sec ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 1 hour 15 min ago
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 1 hour 16 min ago
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM