WATCH: Robert Pattinson Says Edward Should Go Gay
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2012 4:35 PM ET
Twilight star Robert Pattinson told Ellen DeGeneres that if he had his way, vampire Edward Cullen would be gay in future installments of the wildly popular film series based off Stephenie Meyer's books.
Appearing on The Ellen Show with co-star Taylor Lautner to discuss the upcoming sixth and final installation in the Twilight franchise Friday, Pattinson said that to continue the series, he'd like to see "an alien invasion" or some other dramatic twist — like lead heartthrob Edward batting for the other team.
"I was also thinking another way to do it would be to make it look like Will & Grace, where Edward turns gay," Pattinson joked with out host DeGeneres. "But [Edward and Bella] still stay together. They raise the kid and everything."
As the audience laughed, DeGeneres took out a pen and paper to take notes on Pattinson's pitches for new storylines, saying, "Get my agent on the phone!"
Watch the exchange below.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight