Gay Play Celebrates Barbra Streisand's Birthday
BY Brandon Voss
April 24 2014 5:00 AM ET
Out playwright Jonathan Tolins's hit solo comedy, which imagines if the fabled private shopping mall in Streisand's Malibu basement had an employee, is now playing at New York's Barrow Street Theatre.
The production, directed by Stephen Brackett, is also celebrating the icon's birthday all week by sharing personal messages from the cast, favorite Babs career moments, trivia, and more on social media.
Christopher J. Hanke, who replaced Michael Urie, currently stars as struggling gay actor Alex, the diva's lowliest minion, and a number of other characters.
The Advocate named Buyer & Cellar one of its top 10 LGBT-inclusive shows of 2013, calling it a "respectful but rib-tickling one-man wonder."
For tickets and more information visit buyerandcellar.com.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict in Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson
- Comedian's Billboard Taunts Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent