Gay Play Celebrates Barbra Streisand's Birthday
BY Brandon Voss
April 24 2014 5:00 AM ET
Out playwright Jonathan Tolins's hit solo comedy, which imagines if the fabled private shopping mall in Streisand's Malibu basement had an employee, is now playing at New York's Barrow Street Theatre.
The production, directed by Stephen Brackett, is also celebrating the icon's birthday all week by sharing personal messages from the cast, favorite Babs career moments, trivia, and more on social media.
Christopher J. Hanke, who replaced Michael Urie, currently stars as struggling gay actor Alex, the diva's lowliest minion, and a number of other characters.
The Advocate named Buyer & Cellar one of its top 10 LGBT-inclusive shows of 2013, calling it a "respectful but rib-tickling one-man wonder."
For tickets and more information visit buyerandcellar.com.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod