Gay Play Celebrates Barbra Streisand's Birthday
BY Brandon Voss
April 24 2014 5:00 AM ET
Out playwright Jonathan Tolins's hit solo comedy, which imagines if the fabled private shopping mall in Streisand's Malibu basement had an employee, is now playing at New York's Barrow Street Theatre.
The production, directed by Stephen Brackett, is also celebrating the icon's birthday all week by sharing personal messages from the cast, favorite Babs career moments, trivia, and more on social media.
Christopher J. Hanke, who replaced Michael Urie, currently stars as struggling gay actor Alex, the diva's lowliest minion, and a number of other characters.
The Advocate named Buyer & Cellar one of its top 10 LGBT-inclusive shows of 2013, calling it a "respectful but rib-tickling one-man wonder."
For tickets and more information visit buyerandcellar.com.
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide