Minneapolis Hosts Bisexuality Conference
BY Eliel Cruz
June 03 2014 4:17 PM ET
This weekend, bisexual community leaders will be gathering in Minnesota for the annual Bisexuals Empowerment Conference, A Uniting Supportive Experience, hosted by the Bisexual Organizing Project.
This year's conference will take place June 6 through June 8, at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis campus.
The conference is the only nationwide gathering exclusively dedicated to empowering individuals who identify with fluid sexualities. BECAUSE bills itself as a meeting space for activists, researchers, community members, and even allies to discuss prominent topics concerning the bisexual community.
The BECAUSE conference has been meeting for more than 20 years, and is one of the largest gatherings of bisexual activists. The conference has built a strong reputation for its inclusive nature and the focus on personal testimonies of bisexual activists who feel excluded from LGBT conferences in which bi erasure or biphobia sometimes exists.
This year's keynote speakers are Mary Anne Mohanraj, author of Bodies In Motion, and ABilly S Jones-Hennin, who is the current chair of the Alliance of Multicultural Bisexuals. Find more information on the conference here.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times