Kiss-in Planned After Affectionate Gay Couple Kicked Out of Mall
BY Lucas Grindley
March 06 2013 3:18 PM ET
A gay couple kicked out of a California mall is being accused of "sexually explicit" acts — which has them outraged.
Daniel Chesmore and boyfriend Jose Guzman say that, at most, they shared a kiss on the cheek, a hug, and held hands while at the Westfield Galleria in Roseville, California. But the mall says it went further, without outlining what supposedly happened, and insists "There is no basis for the claim that this incident was prompted by the sexual orientation of the individuals."
"Westfield welcomes our community and we do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, sexual orientation and so forth," according to a statement reported by Fox 40 TV, which broke the story. "Simple displays of affection including kissing or hand holding are not an issue. In this case, the couple was violating the rules and the security officer requested the sexually explicit conduct be stopped."
Chesmore told Fox 40 TV the accusation "sickens me" and called it "absolutely absurd." A kiss-in protest is planned on Saturday at 11 a.m. outside the mall's Starbucks, according to the Sacramento Bee.
Watch the original report from Fox 40 TV on the following page.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM