9 LGBT-Friendly Comedy Shows You Should Support
BY Jami Smith
October 24 2012 1:54 AM ET
Sure, funny is funny. You don’t have to go to a “gay” comedy show to experience a night of giggles, and clubs in every major city host a wide range of established comedians — including some who are LGBT.
But not every comedy club offers the LGBT community a chance to come together and laugh at ourselves without the risk of creeping sexism and homophobia, which are still too often passed off as entertainment.
Besides, going to a gay comedy show is a great alternative to the bar scene for meeting new people. Whether you are there for punch lines or pick-up lines, here are nine amazing shows at great venues, with a vetted lineup of comedians who are worth the ticket price.
Check out clips from the shows on the following pages and see if one is in your city,
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 15 min 45 sec ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 27 min 39 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 40 min 12 sec ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 55 min 42 sec ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 59 min 43 sec ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 1 hour 4 min ago
- Marriage Equality Florida Group Aims to Build Marriage Equality Support 1 hour 55 min ago