9 LGBT-Friendly Comedy Shows You Should Support
BY Jami Smith
October 24 2012 1:54 AM ET
Sure, funny is funny. You don’t have to go to a “gay” comedy show to experience a night of giggles, and clubs in every major city host a wide range of established comedians — including some who are LGBT.
But not every comedy club offers the LGBT community a chance to come together and laugh at ourselves without the risk of creeping sexism and homophobia, which are still too often passed off as entertainment.
Besides, going to a gay comedy show is a great alternative to the bar scene for meeting new people. Whether you are there for punch lines or pick-up lines, here are nine amazing shows at great venues, with a vetted lineup of comedians who are worth the ticket price.
Check out clips from the shows on the following pages and see if one is in your city,
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 44 min 51 sec ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM