The Chick-fil-A Coupon Strategy for Curing Homosexuality
BY Lucas Grindley
January 10 2013 7:32 PM ET
A satirical group calling itself the Chick-fil-A Foundation has for a while now been mocking the notion that being gay is a choice. But it's latest tactic has by far gotten the most attention.
The newest video from the two leaders — John and Robert — has raked in more than 60,000 plays. It shows them venturing into a Chick-fil-A restaurant to redeem a coupon promising, "Trade Your Homosexuality for a FREE Original Chicken Sandwich!"
The reaction from the cashier is mostly of befuddlement. But, in the end, the Chick-fil-A Foundation founders get their money's worth.
In previous videos, the duo have offered advice while in character or traveled with a third man dressed as a cow to New York City and offered coupons to anyone who would take them. The men list as their heroes Brian Brown, of the National Organization for Marriage, Marcus Bachmann, and Rick Santorum. But they also seem to be big fans of Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A president. It was Cathy who has repeatedly gotten the fast-food chain in trouble for his antigay views — which are backed up by millions in donations to antigay causes.
Watch the most recent video below and a few others on the following pages.
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- Meet the People Waiting in Line for History