The Chick-fil-A Coupon Strategy for Curing Homosexuality
BY Lucas Grindley
January 10 2013 7:32 PM ET
A satirical group calling itself the Chick-fil-A Foundation has for a while now been mocking the notion that being gay is a choice. But it's latest tactic has by far gotten the most attention.
The newest video from the two leaders — John and Robert — has raked in more than 60,000 plays. It shows them venturing into a Chick-fil-A restaurant to redeem a coupon promising, "Trade Your Homosexuality for a FREE Original Chicken Sandwich!"
The reaction from the cashier is mostly of befuddlement. But, in the end, the Chick-fil-A Foundation founders get their money's worth.
In previous videos, the duo have offered advice while in character or traveled with a third man dressed as a cow to New York City and offered coupons to anyone who would take them. The men list as their heroes Brian Brown, of the National Organization for Marriage, Marcus Bachmann, and Rick Santorum. But they also seem to be big fans of Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A president. It was Cathy who has repeatedly gotten the fast-food chain in trouble for his antigay views — which are backed up by millions in donations to antigay causes.
Watch the most recent video below and a few others on the following pages.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Behind the Scenes of Stonewall