WATCH: This Canadian PSA Will Be the Best 30 Seconds of Your Day
BY Jami Smith
February 10 2014 1:07 PM ET
From the country that brought us comedies like Kids in the Hall and Justin Bieber (that guy is just an elaborate joke, right?) comes the best response to the antigay climate at the 2014 Winter Olympics. A 30-second public service announcement from the Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion depicts two athletes getting into position for a doubles luge competition. Set to the beat of Human League's "Don't You Want Me," the video shows just how gay the sport looks in slow motion. The end of the PSA reads, "The Games Have Always Been a Little Gay. Let's Fight To Keep Them That Way."
Follow the Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion on Facebook and watch the PSA below:
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights
- WATCH: Josh Duggar's Hypocrisy Is No 'Excuse to Live in Sin,' Scolds Tony Perkins
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?