WATCH: The NFL Has Been Gay the Whole Time
BY Jase Peeples
May 26 2014 2:07 PM ET
Last Week Tonight may have taken a break from taping for the Memorial Day holiday, but the show’s host John Oliver didn’t want to leave fans of the new HBO series hanging. That’s why he graciously prerecorded his best predictions for the headlines he believed would have everyone talking today.
In a LOL-worthy video posted to the show’s YouTube channel in lieu of a new episode, Oliver provided an educated guess at the week’s most shocking news stories which included the winning Power Ball numbers, the Pope joining the social networking app Tinder and listing his status as “down for whateves,” and the entire NFL coming out of the closet confirming “the NFL has been entirely gay all this time.”
See how accurate Oliver’s full list of predictions was in the video below.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us