#TBT: Famous Moments On the Wrong Side of History
BY Christopher Harrity
July 31 2014 4:00 AM ET
Coffee of Ill Repute and the Starbucks Slut
A few years ago, Starbucks reintroduced their siren logo, a mermaid of sorts with a flayed tail. The logo is based on an old sixteenth-century Norse woodcut: a two-tailed mermaid, or siren, encircled by the store’s original name. Room for milk with your Christian backlash? In a Mother Jones article we get this fervid quote: "The Starbucks logo has a naked woman on it with her legs spread like a prostitute," explains alarmist Mark Dice, of a Christian group called The Resistance. "Need I say more? It's extremely poor taste, and the company might as well call themselves Slutbucks." May we suggest a calming herbal tea, Mr. Dice?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun