Comedian's Billboard Taunts Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka
BY Michelle Garcia
August 20 2014 1:26 PM ET
God, or whoever runs God's Facebook page, used his almighty powers to counter the scornfully antigay message of the Topeka, Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church with a billboard paid for by followers of the page.
"Behold!" God wrote on the God Loves Gays Indiegogo page. "God is tired of having hate-speech put into his mouth by bigots. Therefore the LORD shall put up a billboard in Topeka, Kansas that declares to all that 'God Loves Gays!'"
God's followers on Facebook and Twitter came together to raise $42,000 to pay for the billboard. The person behind the anonymous Facebook and Twitter accounts has not been identified, but they said that if enough money is raised, they will erect more billboards like it across the country.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People