Comedian's Billboard Taunts Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka
BY Michelle Garcia
August 20 2014 1:26 PM ET
God, or whoever runs God's Facebook page, used his almighty powers to counter the scornfully antigay message of the Topeka, Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church with a billboard paid for by followers of the page.
"Behold!" God wrote on the God Loves Gays Indiegogo page. "God is tired of having hate-speech put into his mouth by bigots. Therefore the LORD shall put up a billboard in Topeka, Kansas that declares to all that 'God Loves Gays!'"
God's followers on Facebook and Twitter came together to raise $42,000 to pay for the billboard. The person behind the anonymous Facebook and Twitter accounts has not been identified, but they said that if enough money is raised, they will erect more billboards like it across the country.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People