After Horrific Fight Leaves Man Dead, Trans Woman CeCe McDonald Accepts Plea
BY Neal Broverman
May 02 2012 2:24 PM ET
Minnesota transgender woman CeCe McDonald appears to have brought an end to her sensationalized trial where she stood accused of killing a man who allegedly berated and attacked her.
McDonald's case attracted national attention — she was at a tavern in June 2011 when three people, one man and two women, allegedly began hurling racist and transphobic insults at her. One of the women may have thrown a glass at McDonald, leading to a fight. The man who allegedly was part of the berating was stabbed to death, with McDonald charged with his murder.
A report indicates McDonald has accepted a second-degree manslaughter plea, which would mean 41 months in prison for her. Stay tuned for more details.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM