After Horrific Fight Leaves Man Dead, Trans Woman CeCe McDonald Accepts Plea
BY Neal Broverman
May 02 2012 2:24 PM ET
Minnesota transgender woman CeCe McDonald appears to have brought an end to her sensationalized trial where she stood accused of killing a man who allegedly berated and attacked her.
McDonald's case attracted national attention — she was at a tavern in June 2011 when three people, one man and two women, allegedly began hurling racist and transphobic insults at her. One of the women may have thrown a glass at McDonald, leading to a fight. The man who allegedly was part of the berating was stabbed to death, with McDonald charged with his murder.
A report indicates McDonald has accepted a second-degree manslaughter plea, which would mean 41 months in prison for her. Stay tuned for more details.
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 48 min 21 sec ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 1 hour 18 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 2 hours 48 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM