After Horrific Fight Leaves Man Dead, Trans Woman CeCe McDonald Accepts Plea
BY Neal Broverman
May 02 2012 3:24 PM ET
Minnesota transgender woman CeCe McDonald appears to have brought an end to her sensationalized trial where she stood accused of killing a man who allegedly berated and attacked her.
McDonald's case attracted national attention — she was at a tavern in June 2011 when three people, one man and two women, allegedly began hurling racist and transphobic insults at her. One of the women may have thrown a glass at McDonald, leading to a fight. The man who allegedly was part of the berating was stabbed to death, with McDonald charged with his murder.
A report indicates McDonald has accepted a second-degree manslaughter plea, which would mean 41 months in prison for her. Stay tuned for more details.
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges
- Don't Worry, Ted Cruz Still Loves His iPhone