After Horrific Fight Leaves Man Dead, Trans Woman CeCe McDonald Accepts Plea
BY Neal Broverman
May 02 2012 3:24 PM ET
Minnesota transgender woman CeCe McDonald appears to have brought an end to her sensationalized trial where she stood accused of killing a man who allegedly berated and attacked her.
McDonald's case attracted national attention — she was at a tavern in June 2011 when three people, one man and two women, allegedly began hurling racist and transphobic insults at her. One of the women may have thrown a glass at McDonald, leading to a fight. The man who allegedly was part of the berating was stabbed to death, with McDonald charged with his murder.
A report indicates McDonald has accepted a second-degree manslaughter plea, which would mean 41 months in prison for her. Stay tuned for more details.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign