After Horrific Fight Leaves Man Dead, Trans Woman CeCe McDonald Accepts Plea
BY Neal Broverman
May 02 2012 3:24 PM ET
Minnesota transgender woman CeCe McDonald appears to have brought an end to her sensationalized trial where she stood accused of killing a man who allegedly berated and attacked her.
McDonald's case attracted national attention — she was at a tavern in June 2011 when three people, one man and two women, allegedly began hurling racist and transphobic insults at her. One of the women may have thrown a glass at McDonald, leading to a fight. The man who allegedly was part of the berating was stabbed to death, with McDonald charged with his murder.
A report indicates McDonald has accepted a second-degree manslaughter plea, which would mean 41 months in prison for her. Stay tuned for more details.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media