A Day in the Life of New Moms
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 11 2012 5:00 AM ET
Photographer Gen Levy documented a day in the life of Nikki Weiss; her wife, Jill Goldstein; and their newborn, Adler. Weiss, who represents some of the top filmmakers and other artists in the country (including Barry Levinson, David O. Russell, Oliver Stone, and Trent Reznor) and Goldstein (a scriptwriter and fitness expert for Curve magazine) met at summer camp in 1984. After a lot of twists and turns, the two reunited decades later and are now married with a baby. Nikki and Jill, who were featured on Showtime's The Real L Word, have been called the most stable lesbian couple to appear on TV. And in these photos their day probably looks familiar to a lot of straight couples who've had babies.
9 a.m.: Nikki tries working with baby in hand.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Boy Scouts Timeline
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM