A Day in the Life of New Moms
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 11 2012 5:00 AM ET
Photographer Gen Levy documented a day in the life of Nikki Weiss; her wife, Jill Goldstein; and their newborn, Adler. Weiss, who represents some of the top filmmakers and other artists in the country (including Barry Levinson, David O. Russell, Oliver Stone, and Trent Reznor) and Goldstein (a scriptwriter and fitness expert for Curve magazine) met at summer camp in 1984. After a lot of twists and turns, the two reunited decades later and are now married with a baby. Nikki and Jill, who were featured on Showtime's The Real L Word, have been called the most stable lesbian couple to appear on TV. And in these photos their day probably looks familiar to a lot of straight couples who've had babies.
9 a.m.: Nikki tries working with baby in hand.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Op-ed: Are Gays Better With Money?