BY Advocate.com Editors
May 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Casting being completed on new Almodóvar film
The cast for Talk to Her, the new film from gay Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar, will feature performers from many countries and backgrounds as performers. Besides employing regulars such as Loles León, Chus Lampreave, and Marisa Paredes, Almodóvar will also be using Spanish-Scottish actress Leonor Watling, Argentine actor Darío Grandinetti, TV actor Javier Cámara, and singer Rosario Flores. The film is described by producer (and directors brother) Agustín Almodóvar as intimate and baroque and dealing with communication and the solitude of couples. Shooting for the film is scheduled to begin June 11 in Paris.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Another Marriage Equality Group Calls It Quits