BY Advocate.com Editors
April 25 2002 12:00 AM ET
Autopsy scheduled for the BBC's Christopher Price
Christopher Price, the openly gay host of the BBC's Liquid News, was found dead in his London home Monday, and an autopsy was to be scheduled for Wednesday, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Police are investigating the death of the 34-year-old TV personality, but they have not indicated whether there are any suspicious circumstances. Price was considered a rising star at the network after signing a two-year, £250,000 ($363,000) contract to host the cult hit show, a gossip and talk program that aired nightly on digital channel BBC Choice and weekly on BBC1.
Liquid News can be seen in the United States on BBC America (check local listings).
From the archives of The Advocate
02/05/02: Beyond QAF
From news to sitcoms, out gays & lesbians are making their mark all over British TV
By Michael Giltz
- Op-ed: The Fine Line Between Gay Pride and Alcoholism
- WATCH: Fox News Discovers Viewers Not as Transphobic as Hosts
- Department of Education Offers Antitrans University a 'Religious Exemption'
- Op-ed: Christian Schools Like Gordon College Don't Need a License to Discriminate
- Laverne Cox: The Making of an Icon
- Op-ed: Orange Is the New Black Proves to Be the Model of Queer TV