BY Advocate.com Editors
August 07 2003 11:00 PM ET
NBC gives Queer Eye a full hour in prime time
Nothing succeeds like success: NBC's peacock is turning pink for a night of prime-time TV later this month. The TV network said Wednesday that it will show a full hour of the breakout hit Queer Eye for the Straight Guy on Thursday, August 14, instead of a pared-down, 30-minute episode as originally planned. The show will air in the 10 p.m. slot usually occupied by the medical drama ER, after back-to-back episodes of the gay-themed comedy Will & Grace.
Airing on NBC's Bravo cable network, Queer Eye features five gay men with expertise in grooming, food and wine, culture, interior design, and fashion giving a makeover to a stylistically challenged heterosexual man. The show has broken ratings records for Bravo and generated heavy pop culture buzz. NBC has already picked up the show once, airing a half-hour version of a full hour-long episode last month. On Monday NBC had said it would show another edited half hour on the August 14, ahead of an appearance by the show's "Fab Five" on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. They are also set to return to the show on the next night with one of their signature "make-betters."
"We wanted to offer this exposure again but keep it in its original format so viewers can have a full Queer Eye experience," NBC entertainment president Jeff Zucker said in a statement of the decision to air a full hour.
- Op-ed: Pope Francis Has Not Made Good on Transgender Rights
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 27 Awesome Gifts for Entertainment Buffs 52 min 55 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM