BY Michelle Garcia
November 05 2009 1:25 PM ET
View cohost Whoopi Goldberg asked megachuch pastor Joel Osteen
whether gay people are welcome at his Lakewood Church in Houston.
Osteen said he welcomes people of different religions and sexual
orientations, but that "homosexuality is not God's best."
Osteen added that he loves everyone, that some of his closest friends are gay, and that they tend to be "some of the nicest people in the world."
Joy Behar, who also has her own show on CNN Headline News, asked Osteen whether he thinks homosexuality is a choice. "It's not something you pick to be, because it's very difficult to be gay in this society," she said.
"I know it isn't, but I try to love them and treat them with respect," Osteen said.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 3 min 16 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 13 min 7 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 22 min 32 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 1 hour 10 min ago
- Transgender Transgender Woman Alleges Discrimination by Bridal Shop 1 hour 23 min ago
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 2 hours 6 min ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 11:20 AM