BY Advocate.com Editors
March 12 2010 2:15 PM ET
Johnny Weir sat down with Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush to talk about reports that he wouldn’t be included on the upcoming Stars on Ice tour because the show’s sponsors feel he’s too gay.
“It’s for real,” Weir said. “All because I am not family-friendly enough. I understand I am a little outrageous, but I wish I could perform for the fans.”
The three-time U.S. champion said he’s toying with the idea of launching a tour of his own — and he’d love to include musical acts.
“Maybe right now, just artistically and creatively, I’d love to have my own show, with musical acts, like maybe getting Lady Gaga! I don’t like to think there are any boundaries. Any time you get men in glitter, it’s flamboyant!”
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win