BY Advocate.com Editors
March 12 2010 2:15 PM ET
Johnny Weir sat down with Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush to talk about reports that he wouldn’t be included on the upcoming Stars on Ice tour because the show’s sponsors feel he’s too gay.
“It’s for real,” Weir said. “All because I am not family-friendly enough. I understand I am a little outrageous, but I wish I could perform for the fans.”
The three-time U.S. champion said he’s toying with the idea of launching a tour of his own — and he’d love to include musical acts.
“Maybe right now, just artistically and creatively, I’d love to have my own show, with musical acts, like maybe getting Lady Gaga! I don’t like to think there are any boundaries. Any time you get men in glitter, it’s flamboyant!”
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers