Barbara Bush Hopes Palin Stays in Alaska
BY Julie Bolcer
November 21 2010 10:20 PM ET
Former first lady Barbara Bush called Sarah Palin “beautiful” but added that she hopes the potential presidential hopeful will stay in Alaska.
Mrs. Bush spoke to Larry King, who interviewed her and President George H.W. Bush for an episode of Larry King Live scheduled to air Monday on CNN.
King asked Mrs. Bush for a “read” on Palin. The chief Mama Grizzly and former Alaska governor recently told Barbara Walters that she is considering a presidential run in 2012 and believes she could defeat President Barack Obama.
"I sat next to her once,” said Mrs. Bush. “Thought she was beautiful, and I think she's very happy in Alaska and I hope she'll stay there."
In the teaser clip distributed by CNN, the former president expressed his ambivalence about the Tea Party and discussed the new book by his son President George W. Bush.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 20 min 1 sec ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 1 hour 11 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 1 hour 51 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM