Good Vibrations for Maggie Gyllenhaal
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 18 2011 7:50 PM ET
After a summer of films about Transformers, Cowboys and Aliens, and a bespectacled man-child named Potter comes a movie that queer women (and quite possibly the rest of the orgasmic public) can really get behind. Hysteria, set in Victorian England, revolves around a hunky young doctor (Hugh Dancy) who sets out to find a new cure for “hysteria,” once a commonly diagnosed women’s condition (like wandering uterus) that was treated with pelvic massage (er, we call it something else now).
The cure? Vibrators! The true story of how the vibrator came into being and the sparkling addition of lesbo fave Maggie Gyllenhaal and gay actor Rupert Everett as Dancy’s costars are sure to this make romantic comedy pique interest.
The trailer is timed with the European release dates this fall; no word yet on when the film will show stateside.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies 1 hour 22 min ago
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 1 hour 48 min ago
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM