AFA Spokesman Wants to Re-criminalize Homosexuality
BY Winston Gieseke
August 30 2011 1:50 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, spokesman for the American Family Association, took to his radio show Monday to call on the fifty United States to reinstate laws making homosexuality a criminal offense.
The last remaining sodomy laws (on the books of 14 states) were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas. At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny.”
“By the time of the founding until the late 20th Century,” Fischer said Monday, “homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again.”
Watch the video below.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend