AFA Spokesman Wants to Re-criminalize Homosexuality
BY Winston Gieseke
August 30 2011 1:50 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, spokesman for the American Family Association, took to his radio show Monday to call on the fifty United States to reinstate laws making homosexuality a criminal offense.
The last remaining sodomy laws (on the books of 14 states) were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas. At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny.”
“By the time of the founding until the late 20th Century,” Fischer said Monday, “homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again.”
Watch the video below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'