AFA Spokesman Wants to Re-criminalize Homosexuality
BY Winston Gieseke
August 30 2011 1:50 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, spokesman for the American Family Association, took to his radio show Monday to call on the fifty United States to reinstate laws making homosexuality a criminal offense.
The last remaining sodomy laws (on the books of 14 states) were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas. At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny.”
“By the time of the founding until the late 20th Century,” Fischer said Monday, “homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again.”
Watch the video below.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun