AFA Spokesman Wants to Re-criminalize Homosexuality
BY Winston Gieseke
August 30 2011 1:50 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, spokesman for the American Family Association, took to his radio show Monday to call on the fifty United States to reinstate laws making homosexuality a criminal offense.
The last remaining sodomy laws (on the books of 14 states) were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas. At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny.”
“By the time of the founding until the late 20th Century,” Fischer said Monday, “homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again.”
Watch the video below.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Bus Driver Says Rainbow Decal Violates His Religious Freedom
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 39 Sci-Fi Divas Gays Adore