AFA Spokesman Wants to Re-criminalize Homosexuality
BY Winston Gieseke
August 30 2011 1:50 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, spokesman for the American Family Association, took to his radio show Monday to call on the fifty United States to reinstate laws making homosexuality a criminal offense.
The last remaining sodomy laws (on the books of 14 states) were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas. At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny.”
“By the time of the founding until the late 20th Century,” Fischer said Monday, “homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again.”
Watch the video below.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers