AFA Spokesman Wants to Re-criminalize Homosexuality
BY Winston Gieseke
August 30 2011 1:50 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, spokesman for the American Family Association, took to his radio show Monday to call on the fifty United States to reinstate laws making homosexuality a criminal offense.
The last remaining sodomy laws (on the books of 14 states) were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas. At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny.”
“By the time of the founding until the late 20th Century,” Fischer said Monday, “homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again.”
Watch the video below.
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 4 min 38 sec ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 11 min 53 sec ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 18 min 37 sec ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 23 min 38 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 1 hour 15 min ago
- Sports Brooklyn Nets Stick with Jason Collins 1 hour 24 min ago
- Television Billy Eichner: Wants to Marry Meryl Streep & Get Down With Judi Dench 1 hour 27 min ago