Did SF Giants Host First Same-Sex Kiss Cam?
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 6:05 PM ET
LGBT fans of the San Francisco Giants are abuzz over reports that the team's Kiss Cam featured a gay kiss for the first time.
Sean Chapin tells The Advocate he was with his friends, Thom Watson and Jeff Tabaco, when the Kiss Cam started on Monday night during a game against the Chicago Cubs (who pummeled the Giants 7-0). With Chapin's urging, Watson and Tabaco kissed, and many people viewed it on AT&T Park's Jumbotrons. According to Chapin, as well as posters on the Giants gay fan Facebook page, the crowd cheered. Chapin says a lesbian couple was shown kissing on the Cam soon after Watson and Tabaco.
It's not yet clear if this is the first time the Giants featured a gay kiss on the Cam. After a petition drive headed by Chapin, the team this year filmed an "It Gets Better" video for LGBT youth.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 1 hour 30 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 2 hours 27 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 4:00 AM
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM