Did SF Giants Host First Same-Sex Kiss Cam?
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 6:05 PM ET
LGBT fans of the San Francisco Giants are abuzz over reports that the team's Kiss Cam featured a gay kiss for the first time.
Sean Chapin tells The Advocate he was with his friends, Thom Watson and Jeff Tabaco, when the Kiss Cam started on Monday night during a game against the Chicago Cubs (who pummeled the Giants 7-0). With Chapin's urging, Watson and Tabaco kissed, and many people viewed it on AT&T Park's Jumbotrons. According to Chapin, as well as posters on the Giants gay fan Facebook page, the crowd cheered. Chapin says a lesbian couple was shown kissing on the Cam soon after Watson and Tabaco.
It's not yet clear if this is the first time the Giants featured a gay kiss on the Cam. After a petition drive headed by Chapin, the team this year filmed an "It Gets Better" video for LGBT youth.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong