Did SF Giants Host First Same-Sex Kiss Cam?
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 5:05 PM ET
LGBT fans of the San Francisco Giants are abuzz over reports that the team's Kiss Cam featured a gay kiss for the first time.
Sean Chapin tells The Advocate he was with his friends, Thom Watson and Jeff Tabaco, when the Kiss Cam started on Monday night during a game against the Chicago Cubs (who pummeled the Giants 7-0). With Chapin's urging, Watson and Tabaco kissed, and many people viewed it on AT&T Park's Jumbotrons. According to Chapin, as well as posters on the Giants gay fan Facebook page, the crowd cheered. Chapin says a lesbian couple was shown kissing on the Cam soon after Watson and Tabaco.
It's not yet clear if this is the first time the Giants featured a gay kiss on the Cam. After a petition drive headed by Chapin, the team this year filmed an "It Gets Better" video for LGBT youth.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Teen Uses Bar Mitzvah Speech to Call for Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 2 hours 21 min ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM