Did SF Giants Host First Same-Sex Kiss Cam?
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 6:05 PM ET
LGBT fans of the San Francisco Giants are abuzz over reports that the team's Kiss Cam featured a gay kiss for the first time.
Sean Chapin tells The Advocate he was with his friends, Thom Watson and Jeff Tabaco, when the Kiss Cam started on Monday night during a game against the Chicago Cubs (who pummeled the Giants 7-0). With Chapin's urging, Watson and Tabaco kissed, and many people viewed it on AT&T Park's Jumbotrons. According to Chapin, as well as posters on the Giants gay fan Facebook page, the crowd cheered. Chapin says a lesbian couple was shown kissing on the Cam soon after Watson and Tabaco.
It's not yet clear if this is the first time the Giants featured a gay kiss on the Cam. After a petition drive headed by Chapin, the team this year filmed an "It Gets Better" video for LGBT youth.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- Kazakhstan Politicians Call for DNA Testing to Identify Gays