Sally Kern Won't Back Down on Equating Gays With Terrorists
BY Michelle Garcia
September 10 2011 1:25 PM ET
Oklahoma state Rep. Sally Kern became nationally known when she was secretly recorded going on a homophobic rant at a fundraiser in 2008. Since then, she has refused to back down from her claims that homosexuality is just as detrimental to society as terrorism. She has also written a book, The Stoning of Sally Kern, about her journey in disseminating that message and the persecution she has faced.
Now, the Oklahoma politico is back with more warnings of how dangerous the acceptance of gay people can be on society. Right Wing Watch reports that Kern spoke with Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality to promote her book on August 31, lamenting that young people are "bombarded" with pro-gay messages and positive portrayals of gay people in the media.
"[E]very day our young people, adults too, but especially our young people, are bombarded at school, in movies, in music, on TV, in the mall, in magazines, they’re bombarded with ‘homosexuality is normal and natural.’ It’s something they have to deal with every day. Fortunately we don’t have to deal with a terrorist attack every day, and that’s what I mean."
Listen to the podcast at RightWingWatch.org
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 38 min 20 sec ago
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 41 min 22 sec ago
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM