8 True Stories: How Real Families Handle Trans Children
BY Lucas Grindley
April 02 2012 5:00 AM ET
The question of what to do when your child is transgender becomes real for eight families followed by In the Life in its April episode.
In the Life tells the powerful stories of eight different families with transgender and gender-nonconforming children in its latest episode, which debuted Sunday and airs throughout April on public television.
"As soon as he could talk, he started saying he was a boy," a mother says of her 5-year-old child, Jake. Another child declares, "I'm a girl, I don't play boy stuff." A parent wonders, "How are we going to navigate puberty?"
Watch the complete episode from In the Life, which is celebrating 20 years on television, in the video below.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 1 hour 21 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 1 hour 30 min ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 2 hours 13 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC 3:49 PM