8 True Stories: How Real Families Handle Trans Children
BY Lucas Grindley
April 02 2012 6:00 AM ET
The question of what to do when your child is transgender becomes real for eight families followed by In the Life in its April episode.
In the Life tells the powerful stories of eight different families with transgender and gender-nonconforming children in its latest episode, which debuted Sunday and airs throughout April on public television.
"As soon as he could talk, he started saying he was a boy," a mother says of her 5-year-old child, Jake. Another child declares, "I'm a girl, I don't play boy stuff." A parent wonders, "How are we going to navigate puberty?"
Watch the complete episode from In the Life, which is celebrating 20 years on television, in the video below.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple