8 True Stories: How Real Families Handle Trans Children
BY Lucas Grindley
April 02 2012 6:00 AM ET
The question of what to do when your child is transgender becomes real for eight families followed by In the Life in its April episode.
In the Life tells the powerful stories of eight different families with transgender and gender-nonconforming children in its latest episode, which debuted Sunday and airs throughout April on public television.
"As soon as he could talk, he started saying he was a boy," a mother says of her 5-year-old child, Jake. Another child declares, "I'm a girl, I don't play boy stuff." A parent wonders, "How are we going to navigate puberty?"
Watch the complete episode from In the Life, which is celebrating 20 years on television, in the video below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Artist Spotlight: C. Bedford