8 True Stories: How Real Families Handle Trans Children
BY Lucas Grindley
April 02 2012 6:00 AM ET
The question of what to do when your child is transgender becomes real for eight families followed by In the Life in its April episode.
In the Life tells the powerful stories of eight different families with transgender and gender-nonconforming children in its latest episode, which debuted Sunday and airs throughout April on public television.
"As soon as he could talk, he started saying he was a boy," a mother says of her 5-year-old child, Jake. Another child declares, "I'm a girl, I don't play boy stuff." A parent wonders, "How are we going to navigate puberty?"
Watch the complete episode from In the Life, which is celebrating 20 years on television, in the video below.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People