8 True Stories: How Real Families Handle Trans Children
BY Lucas Grindley
April 02 2012 5:00 AM ET
The question of what to do when your child is transgender becomes real for eight families followed by In the Life in its April episode.
In the Life tells the powerful stories of eight different families with transgender and gender-nonconforming children in its latest episode, which debuted Sunday and airs throughout April on public television.
"As soon as he could talk, he started saying he was a boy," a mother says of her 5-year-old child, Jake. Another child declares, "I'm a girl, I don't play boy stuff." A parent wonders, "How are we going to navigate puberty?"
Watch the complete episode from In the Life, which is celebrating 20 years on television, in the video below.
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 48 min 46 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 1 hour 49 min ago
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM