Anderson Cooper Takes on the Bullies
BY Lucas Grindley
October 11 2011 12:31 PM ET
Anderson Cooper has not only used his daytime talk show to raise the issue of bullying in schools, he's also running a weeklong series on his CNN news show that will culminate with an encore presentation of a town hall special called "Bullying: It Stops Here." The town hall aired this weekend but will be back on at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on Friday.
Cooper has spoken with kids who describe being repeatedly called ugly names and physically assaulted. One boy described hiding under the seats of a bus so he wouldn't have to go to classes, where he counts 40 kids who regularly bully him.
The town hall includes celebrity guests, including comedian Jane Lynch and television host Kelly Ripa. Watch the series here, starting with an interview with the sister of Jamey Rodemeyer, who committed suicide after repeated bullying at his school in Buffalo, New York.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: More Officials Like Kim Davis Would Be a Disaster