Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Rob Portman, U.S. senator from Ohio
- In 2004, Portman voted in favor of the failed Federal Marriage Amendment.
- In 1999 he voted to ban adoptions by same-sex couples in Washington, D.C. (The city has significant federal oversight.)
- On the Christian Coalition survey, the senator indicated he would support a Federal Marriage Amendment preventing same-sex marriage.
- He voted for DOMA in 1996.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women