Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 3:00 AM ET
Rob Portman, U.S. senator from Ohio
- In 2004, Portman voted in favor of the failed Federal Marriage Amendment.
- In 1999 he voted to ban adoptions by same-sex couples in Washington, D.C. (The city has significant federal oversight.)
- On the Christian Coalition survey, the senator indicated he would support a Federal Marriage Amendment preventing same-sex marriage.
- He voted for DOMA in 1996.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 27 min 59 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 57 min 56 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 3 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 1 hour 43 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 26 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 27 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 2 hours 48 min ago