Romney's Potential Veeps: How Antigay Are They?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Rob Portman, U.S. senator from Ohio
- In 2004, Portman voted in favor of the failed Federal Marriage Amendment.
- In 1999 he voted to ban adoptions by same-sex couples in Washington, D.C. (The city has significant federal oversight.)
- On the Christian Coalition survey, the senator indicated he would support a Federal Marriage Amendment preventing same-sex marriage.
- He voted for DOMA in 1996.
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Op-ed: Ireland's Marriage Decision Will Reverberate Around the World
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- WATCH: Stephen Fry Goes Gaelic for Irish Marriage Equality