BY Julie Bolcer
November 02 2009 2:40 PM ET
White credited her turnaround to lessons she absorbed while reading The Secret, the 2006 best seller by Rhonda Byrne.
than going, ‘OK, I’m homeless, damned me, poor me’ — no. None of that
was any part of it,” she said. “It was continuing to just believe that
there is a good tomorrow.”
White met Barnett, a
jewelry designer, on November 2 last year in Key West, Fla., where
she took a gig after a police officer friend helped her regroup upon
the end of a long-term relationship. The breakup left the West Village
piano bar stalwart, whose credits include stints alongside the likes of
Liza Minnelli and Glenn Close, homeless during the summer.
for what unites White and Barnett, the giddy pair sounded almost
blissfully unaware of the reasons behind their fast and furious
“I don’t know,” said White, adding that she is
certain only of their union’s permanence. “This is my second, and this
is my last,” she said of their commitment.
Barnett, 62, suggested a big, perhaps naughty, clue could be found in what the couple chose to wear to their commitment ceremony.
“We’re leather girls,” she said. “That’s what we like.”
White wore a purple jacket and black pants, while Donna sported red pants and a matching corseted vest, all designed by Broadway costumer David Menges. Guests, including Finian’s Rainbow star Cheyenne Jackson, were encouraged to wear leather to the commitment ceremony too.
“Terri is old-school, solid,” said Jackson, the leading man in the revival of the 1947 musical. “She’s so full of soul. She’s the mama bear to everybody in the cast,” he said.
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM