Former V.P. Has More to Say About Gay Marriage
BY Neal Broverman
July 30 2012 2:18 PM ET
Speaking to ABC News, former vice president Dick Cheney says he supported same-sex marriage back in 2000 but didn't raise the issue because it would have sunk George W. Bush's campaign.
Cheney also said that he didn't attend his daughter Mary's June wedding to her partner, ostensibly because the women did not want a media circus ensuing.
“I’m sure it was fine," Cheney said, according to the Associated Press. "We wished them well. [Mary] wanted to avoid having it be a media circus or having it become part of the political debate. So (wife) Lynn and I were very proud and happy and congratulated them.”
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview