WATCH: New NOM Video Claims Marriage Equality Has No Benefit to Society
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 17 2012 12:20 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage is at it again, with a new video (it's a hoot!) aimed at reaching, in particular, people in the four states voting on marriage equality next month. The video's goal is to articulate the case "against redefining marriage" so NOM supporters don't have to come up with the answers for themselves.
In the video below, a British narrator explains why the government can promote, permit, or prohibit certain actions, so when it promotes "natural marriage" (which she claims even lowers the national deficit), goverment merely permits other relationships (like same-sex couplings) and prohibits others (like incest) it's all with good cause, because there is absolutely no benefit to society in extending marriage rights to gays.
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM