8 Top Prospects for Expanding Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
November 20 2012 7:26 PM ET
Delaware: Advocates successfully aimed for the passage of civil unions legislation in 2011, but the surrounding landscape has quickly shifted to favor a marriage equality push in 2013. Voters in neighboring Maryland upheld the marriage equality law in a referendum, while Vice President Joe Biden, who hails from Delaware, nudged the national conversation – and President Obama –when he expressed his support in a television interview this past May. Governor Jack Markell has called the enactment of marriage equality in his state “inevitable.”
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet