Rep. Introduces Ex-Gay Friend to Bolster Antimarriage Stance
BY Michelle Garcia
March 12 2013 3:17 PM ET
As the Minnesota Legislature begins debating a marriage equality bill this week, Republican Rep. Glenn Gruenhagen introduced his friend, Kevin Petersen, as evidence that being gay is not innate, but a lifestyle that can be rejected or prayed away.
"He was active in the gay lifestyle for about 10 years. And then he left it, got married and he now has three children," Gruenhagen said.
He and the friend, Kevin Petersen, established the Pro-Marriage Amendment Forum two years ago to head a campaign urging Minnesotans to ban marriage equality, according to the Pioneer Press. Their efforts were defeated in November, when voters rejected the constitutional ban.
- Travel London's Gay Travel Expo: Pool Party, Models, Giant Shoes 36 min 23 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Underwear Models for Affordable Healthcare 36 min 59 sec ago
- Transgender Calif. Athletic Commission Considers Licensing Trans Athletes 42 min 24 sec ago
- Religion Antigay Archbishop Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor 48 min 37 sec ago
- Politics Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That! 1 hour 21 min ago
- Politics Pa. Gov. Comes Out for LGBT Employment Protections 1 hour 23 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Just the Facts, Man: What You Need to Know About PrEP 1 hour 29 min ago