J. Crew Features Gay Couple in Weddings Section
BY Michelle Garcia
November 30 2012 7:09 PM ET
Retailer J. Crew is making it clear that it wants to outfit brides and grooms alike.
In the company's online wedding album showing couples dressed in J. Crew's best, New York couple Benjamin and Ray are featured as the first gay couple in the album.
Benjamin told The Advocate that J. Crew "stepped up big time" to show its support of same-sex couples.
The two met in New York and were wed in the French countryside before 47 of their friends and family members. They each wore the company's Ludlow suit with minor varying details.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 1 hour 53 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM