J. Crew Features Gay Couple in Weddings Section
BY Michelle Garcia
November 30 2012 7:09 PM ET
Retailer J. Crew is making it clear that it wants to outfit brides and grooms alike.
In the company's online wedding album showing couples dressed in J. Crew's best, New York couple Benjamin and Ray are featured as the first gay couple in the album.
Benjamin told The Advocate that J. Crew "stepped up big time" to show its support of same-sex couples.
The two met in New York and were wed in the French countryside before 47 of their friends and family members. They each wore the company's Ludlow suit with minor varying details.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- WATCH: Trans-Reality Blooms in Eden's Garden for Men of Color