J. Crew Features Gay Couple in Weddings Section
BY Michelle Garcia
November 30 2012 6:09 PM ET
Retailer J. Crew is making it clear that it wants to outfit brides and grooms alike.
In the company's online wedding album showing couples dressed in J. Crew's best, New York couple Benjamin and Ray are featured as the first gay couple in the album.
Benjamin told The Advocate that J. Crew "stepped up big time" to show its support of same-sex couples.
The two met in New York and were wed in the French countryside before 47 of their friends and family members. They each wore the company's Ludlow suit with minor varying details.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View