WATCH: Gay Couple's Wedding Pops Up in 'Bert and Ernie' Book
BY Trudy Ring
January 03 2014 8:23 PM ET
LGBT viewers have long read Sesame Street pals Ernie and Bert as a gay couple, although the show’s producers have insisted the puppets have no sexuality, gay or straight. One woman, though, definitely made the gay connection by altering the Bert and Ernie on the Go pop-up book, substituting wedding photos of her brother and his groom for pictures of Bert and Ernie. Another sibling made a video of the book and posted it to YouTube, noting, "Family is those who show up when you need them." The music is a remix of "Renee" by Sales. Watch below.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Op-ed: How Not to React When an LGBT Teacher Is Fired