WATCH: Gay Couple's Wedding Pops Up in 'Bert and Ernie' Book
BY Trudy Ring
January 03 2014 8:23 PM ET
LGBT viewers have long read Sesame Street pals Ernie and Bert as a gay couple, although the show’s producers have insisted the puppets have no sexuality, gay or straight. One woman, though, definitely made the gay connection by altering the Bert and Ernie on the Go pop-up book, substituting wedding photos of her brother and his groom for pictures of Bert and Ernie. Another sibling made a video of the book and posted it to YouTube, noting, "Family is those who show up when you need them." The music is a remix of "Renee" by Sales. Watch below.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers