WATCH: Gay Couple's Wedding Pops Up in 'Bert and Ernie' Book
BY Trudy Ring
January 03 2014 8:23 PM ET
LGBT viewers have long read Sesame Street pals Ernie and Bert as a gay couple, although the show’s producers have insisted the puppets have no sexuality, gay or straight. One woman, though, definitely made the gay connection by altering the Bert and Ernie on the Go pop-up book, substituting wedding photos of her brother and his groom for pictures of Bert and Ernie. Another sibling made a video of the book and posted it to YouTube, noting, "Family is those who show up when you need them." The music is a remix of "Renee" by Sales. Watch below.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage