WATCH: With Election Over, Rachel Maddow Unloads on Delusional Republicans
BY Lucas Grindley
November 08 2012 1:24 PM ET
Rachel Maddow was on a tear during her show on Wednesday, her first chance to offer an unvarnished take on why Republicans lost the presidency and a bunch of competitive Senate races.
It started with her takedown of Mitt Romney's list of policy positions and character flaws, seeming grateful that "we're not going to" do any of them.
"We are not going to have as a president a man who once led a mob of friends to run down a scared gay kid, to hold him down and forcibly cut his hair off with a pair of scissors while that kid cried and screamed for help," Maddow said among her list. "And there was no apology, not ever."
Then she rattled off a list of major wins for liberals, including marriage equality passing not just for the first time but repeatedly. "They voted on marriage equality, and they voted for it," Maddow declared. She also included our first openly gay U.S. senator and the failure of the right-wing to kick a gay-friendly judge from the Iowa bench.
As almost always, Maddow saved the best for last. She went after Fox News and the Republican Party for living in a "bubble" void of facts, regaling viewers with a third list — this one, of all the myths they believe.
Watch the video below.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 6 min 38 sec ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 34 min 24 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 40 min 30 sec ago
- Entertainment News EXCLUSIVE: Madonna's MDNA Concert Clip 1 hour 23 min ago
- Politics Dallas Councilwoman Objects to Gay HIV Billboard 2 hours 18 min ago
- Marriage Equality Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative 2 hours 28 min ago
- Business Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market 2 hours 30 min ago