WATCH: Letterman Asks Kathy Griffin About Her New Year's Encounter With Anderson Cooper
BY Lucas Grindley
January 04 2013 3:06 AM ET
As promised, Kathy Griffin appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman and had a story to tell.
Griffin warned Anderson Cooper repeatedly during their New Year's Eve broadcast this year that she would be on Letterman later in the week to promote her new show and that meant she needed a controversial moment to talk about. So naturally Griffin dropping to her knees to simulate a blowjob on the CNN anchor while live on air was a point of conversation.
"If you think this is the part where I'm going to apologize for trying to go down on Anderson Cooper, you are sorely mistaken," she declared. "I tried, ladies and gays, I tried for you."
Watch the interview below.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM