WATCH: Letterman Asks Kathy Griffin About Her New Year's Encounter With Anderson Cooper
BY Lucas Grindley
January 04 2013 3:06 AM ET
As promised, Kathy Griffin appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman and had a story to tell.
Griffin warned Anderson Cooper repeatedly during their New Year's Eve broadcast this year that she would be on Letterman later in the week to promote her new show and that meant she needed a controversial moment to talk about. So naturally Griffin dropping to her knees to simulate a blowjob on the CNN anchor while live on air was a point of conversation.
"If you think this is the part where I'm going to apologize for trying to go down on Anderson Cooper, you are sorely mistaken," she declared. "I tried, ladies and gays, I tried for you."
Watch the interview below.
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality