WATCH: Letterman Asks Kathy Griffin About Her New Year's Encounter With Anderson Cooper
BY Lucas Grindley
January 04 2013 3:06 AM ET
As promised, Kathy Griffin appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman and had a story to tell.
Griffin warned Anderson Cooper repeatedly during their New Year's Eve broadcast this year that she would be on Letterman later in the week to promote her new show and that meant she needed a controversial moment to talk about. So naturally Griffin dropping to her knees to simulate a blowjob on the CNN anchor while live on air was a point of conversation.
"If you think this is the part where I'm going to apologize for trying to go down on Anderson Cooper, you are sorely mistaken," she declared. "I tried, ladies and gays, I tried for you."
Watch the interview below.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover