PHOTOS: Rhode Island Pride After Dark
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 24 2014 5:55 PM ET
In 1976 about 75 people marched through downtown Providence. That small group in this small state are the roots of what would become the Rhode Island Pride. Now it's a daylong festival, held on Saturday on South Water Stree, that is capped by an Illuminated Nighttime Parade though downtown. The parade and its about 1,600 participants were cheered on this year by approximately 20,000 people, according to Kurt Bagley, president of Rhode Island Pride. For more information, check out prideri.com.
On the following pages, see photos by Jonathan Luke O'Brien (and visit his Facebook page here).
He wears his sunglassses at night.
Ballerinas in all shapes and sizes.
I love your hat.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)