PHOTOS: Rhode Island Pride After Dark
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 24 2014 5:55 PM ET
In 1976 about 75 people marched through downtown Providence. That small group in this small state are the roots of what would become the Rhode Island Pride. Now it's a daylong festival, held on Saturday on South Water Stree, that is capped by an Illuminated Nighttime Parade though downtown. The parade and its about 1,600 participants were cheered on this year by approximately 20,000 people, according to Kurt Bagley, president of Rhode Island Pride. For more information, check out prideri.com.
On the following pages, see photos by Jonathan Luke O'Brien (and visit his Facebook page here).
He wears his sunglassses at night.
Ballerinas in all shapes and sizes.
I love your hat.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England
- Jelly Belly Chairman Donates to Anti-Trans Campaign