Queer Spring: New LGBT Leaders Everywhere
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2012 5:00 AM ET
Before Grodzka became the first transgender person elected to the Sejm, the lower house of Poland's Parliament, she campaigned on a platform that included the legalization of marijuana and same-sex marriage. Some commentators view Grodzka's victory as voters' rejection of the Roman Catholic Church's long stranglehold on governance. Poland is the not quite the new Holland, though; the Polish media continues to refer to Grodzka as "he."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'