Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
4. Washington, D.C. (pop. 617,996) Between the legalization of same-sex marriage in the nation’s capital and the tons of openly LGBT elected officials, this is a queer city on the rise — and the LGBT residents have steered clear of political scandal and remained focused on securing their rights. P Street and 17th Street in the Dupont Circle area are well-known gay neighborhoods, but the LGBT center of the city has migrated east to Logan Circle, a hip, funky area with friendly bars and a Whole Foods.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man