Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
4. Washington, D.C. (pop. 617,996) Between the legalization of same-sex marriage in the nation’s capital and the tons of openly LGBT elected officials, this is a queer city on the rise — and the LGBT residents have steered clear of political scandal and remained focused on securing their rights. P Street and 17th Street in the Dupont Circle area are well-known gay neighborhoods, but the LGBT center of the city has migrated east to Logan Circle, a hip, funky area with friendly bars and a Whole Foods.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt