Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
4. Washington, D.C. (pop. 617,996) Between the legalization of same-sex marriage in the nation’s capital and the tons of openly LGBT elected officials, this is a queer city on the rise — and the LGBT residents have steered clear of political scandal and remained focused on securing their rights. P Street and 17th Street in the Dupont Circle area are well-known gay neighborhoods, but the LGBT center of the city has migrated east to Logan Circle, a hip, funky area with friendly bars and a Whole Foods.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers