Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because we get the last laugh
The former president of Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group, Nina Jacobson was notoriously fired over the phone in 2006 while in the hospital where her wife was giving birth to their son, William, and her father was in the ICU. But the former Disney chief — long called the most powerful lesbian in Hollywood — started her own production company, Color Force, and this spring released a little movie called The Hunger Games. Now she’s laughing all the way to the bank.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP