Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because we get the last laugh
The former president of Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group, Nina Jacobson was notoriously fired over the phone in 2006 while in the hospital where her wife was giving birth to their son, William, and her father was in the ICU. But the former Disney chief — long called the most powerful lesbian in Hollywood — started her own production company, Color Force, and this spring released a little movie called The Hunger Games. Now she’s laughing all the way to the bank.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks