Six Great Things That Happened This Week
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 15 2013 2:26 PM ET
The Lee Boys Just Got Thousands of New Fans
Jeremy Hooper of Good as You talked with the management team that works with The Lee Boys, one of the country's best African-American steel ensembles and one of the two musical acts that the National Organization For Marriage announced as performers at its upcoming "March For Marriage" and convinced the band to pull out of the gig.
Hooper reported that the bandmates, all brothers, "were not aware of what NOM was all about and they want no part. The only statement this band member wanted to give beyond simple confirmation is to say that 'music is about love' and the band 'would never want to offend.'"
Score one for love.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing