Six Great Things That Happened This Week
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 15 2013 2:26 PM ET
The Lee Boys Just Got Thousands of New Fans
Jeremy Hooper of Good as You talked with the management team that works with The Lee Boys, one of the country's best African-American steel ensembles and one of the two musical acts that the National Organization For Marriage announced as performers at its upcoming "March For Marriage" and convinced the band to pull out of the gig.
Hooper reported that the bandmates, all brothers, "were not aware of what NOM was all about and they want no part. The only statement this band member wanted to give beyond simple confirmation is to say that 'music is about love' and the band 'would never want to offend.'"
Score one for love.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Photos: Cuba Libre
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 42 min 18 sec ago
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 43 min 29 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Robin Tyler's Rally Cry at Long Beach Dyke March 43 min 53 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 1 hour 43 min ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 1 hour 57 min ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 2 hours 9 min ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 2 hours 15 min ago