Six Great Things That Happened This Week
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 15 2013 2:26 PM ET
The Lee Boys Just Got Thousands of New Fans
Jeremy Hooper of Good as You talked with the management team that works with The Lee Boys, one of the country's best African-American steel ensembles and one of the two musical acts that the National Organization For Marriage announced as performers at its upcoming "March For Marriage" and convinced the band to pull out of the gig.
Hooper reported that the bandmates, all brothers, "were not aware of what NOM was all about and they want no part. The only statement this band member wanted to give beyond simple confirmation is to say that 'music is about love' and the band 'would never want to offend.'"
Score one for love.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 14 min 35 sec ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 32 min 35 sec ago
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 34 min 42 sec ago
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 1 hour 4 min ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 1 hour 57 min ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 2 hours 39 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 2 hours 44 min ago