Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Despite the fact that as many as a quarter of gay households include children, the intricacies of conception, birth, and custody are hot-button issues for those who can’t help but suppress their curiosity. As enlightened as our friends, families, and acquaintances are, some just need to know the sperm-egg combination that resulted in the cutie in the stroller. Others can’t imagine how difficult it is to have gay parents, when in reality, the kid thinks it’s just fine as long as he gets his diaper changed as needed. Family law attorney and gay parent Dan Bloom examines frequently asked questions and how to answer.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Op-ed: 22 Reasons Queer History Is Important