Say What?! 5 Bad Questions for Gay Parents
BY Michelle Garcia
August 19 2011 7:00 AM ET
Despite the fact that as many as a quarter of gay households include children, the intricacies of conception, birth, and custody are hot-button issues for those who can’t help but suppress their curiosity. As enlightened as our friends, families, and acquaintances are, some just need to know the sperm-egg combination that resulted in the cutie in the stroller. Others can’t imagine how difficult it is to have gay parents, when in reality, the kid thinks it’s just fine as long as he gets his diaper changed as needed. Family law attorney and gay parent Dan Bloom examines frequently asked questions and how to answer.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series